Software Tools Engineer (.NET)
The Software Tools Engineer will lead the development of Windows-based Raptor tool suite, a key part of the Raptor Development Platform. This is a technical position with room to grow both technically and as a manager of your own and others work.
About the Job:
The Software Tools Engineer will be experienced with .NET Application development and maintenance. They will work with product principles to define requirements and implement solutions for several .NET based windows applications.
The Software Tools Engineer will maintain and enhance existing calibration, service, testing and telematics products of the Raptor platform. A balance of both creativity and maintenance is required for this position. This role provides the opportunity to build products and use them to develop mechatronic systems working directly on customer application projects.
- Designing, developing, coding, installing, testing, debugging, and documenting software applications.
- Assisting in production problem resolution as needed.
- Working on projects through the full development life-cycle including client meetings and presentations, project scoping and requirements definition, prototyping, development, testing, and deployment.
- Staying up to date and providing recommendations on the latest technologies, trends, and best practices that should be incorporated into the company's development efforts.
- Health, dental, & vision insurance
- Generous paid time off
- 401(k) with matching
- Life & disability insurance
- Bonus opportunities
- Volunteer outings, company events, & more!
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering or related discipline
- At least 3 years of experience developing or maintaining .NET windows applications
- .NET development platform and languages including .NET Core, .Net Framework, WPF
- Experience with C++, C#, JAVA, Python languages.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Willingness to be an excellent teammate with a can-do attitude and a desire to work with like-minded individuals.
- Experience working with customers, proactively and efficiently solving technical issues and gatherings lessons learned for product enhancements
- Ability to work independently in a small team environment
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to architect complex software features and functionality in a maintainable, abstract, and modular way
- Ability to design an execution plan for the aforementioned functionality.
- This position will also require knowledge and creativity in solving the need to use the software tools in a safety process such as ISO26262
- Experience developing a software application that ships to a customer
- Agile development experience
- Knowledge and Understanding of CAN networks and protocols
- Experience with Ethernet based communication TCP/IP and or UDP
- 5 to 10 years of experience developing user application software
- Team management experience
About New Eagle:
New Eagle specializes in mechatronic control systems — the electronic brains that drive mechanical systems. While some companies ask us to design and build systems and custom applications from start to finish, others rely on us for expert support and advice. Our professional team provides specialized engineering services to overcome mechatronic control challenges, while our Raptor software tools and secure supply chain offerings provide the resources needed to create scalable systems fast using efficient and reliable embedded model-based development.
New Eagle is headquartered just minutes from the heart of downtown Ann Arbor, Michigan. The Ann Arbor campus features a fully-equipped prototype garage, software lab, distribution center and an open-floorplan office space that fosters a collaborative work environment.
In addition to its Ann Arbor headquarters, New Eagle also has office space locations in Indianapolis, Indiana and Lake Forest, California.
Ready to apply?
Email your resume and any additional relevant details to our team today by clicking below!