Controls Application Engineer - Electrification
About the Job:
As a Vehicle Controls Engineer on our Electrification team, you will develop bleeding edge controls software and strategies for EVs and HEVs using New Eagle’s Simulink modeling and calibration tool, Raptor. You will be on the front lines of change in the automotive industry and beyond, with opportunities to work on a wide variety of projects for big-name companies and groundbreaking start-ups. Examples of some of our recent projects include:
- Prototyping an on-highway commercial electric pickup truck
- Converting gas or diesel vehicles to hybrid electric, from classic roadsters to rock crushers
- Developing one of the first HEV boats for commercial production
Work at New Eagle is fast-paced and hands-on. You will collaborate and learn with our team of highly experienced controls engineers and be able to see the impact of your work on each project you touch.
In addition to great, hands-on experience in our Ann Arbor headquarters, this full-time position allows you to enjoy competitive benefits, including:
- Health, dental, & vision insurance
- Generous paid time off
- 401(k) with matching
- Life & disability insurance
- Bonus opportunities
- Volunteer outings, company events, & more!
- Bachelor of Science – Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Automotive Engineering, Mechatronics Engineering, Controls Engineering, etc.
- At least 5 years of professional experience in the electrical/controls engineering field
- Proficiency in model-based development using MATLAB, Simulink, Stateflow, Real-Time Workshop, and/or Embedded Coder
- Understanding of electric vehicle systems
- Experience with Automotive networks such as CAN/LIN
- Experience with safety analysis of systems including FMEAs
- Ability to safely work in, under, and around vehicles/machines
- Master's Degree in related field
- Experience with Raptor, Motohawk, openECU, ControlDesk, or EcoCoder
- Experience with calibration tools like Raptor-Cal, ETAS INCA, ATI Vision, CANape, or MotoTune.
- Familiarity with commercial software configuration management tools like Subversion, Synergy, ClearCase, or StarTeam
- High voltage wiring and design experience
- ISO 26262 functional safety certification or experience
About New Eagle:
New Eagle specializes in mechatronic control systems — the electronic brains that drive mechanical systems. While some companies ask us to design and build systems and custom applications from start to finish, others rely on us for expert support and advice. Our professional team provides specialized engineering services to overcome mechatronic control challenges, while our Raptor software tools and secure supply chain offerings provide the resources needed to create scalable systems fast using efficient and reliable embedded model-based development.
New Eagle is headquartered just minutes from the heart of downtown Ann Arbor, Michigan. The Ann Arbor campus features a fully-equipped prototype garage, software lab, distribution center and an open-floorplan office space that fosters a collaborative work environment.
In addition to its Ann Arbor headquarters, New Eagle also has office space locations in Indianapolis, Indiana and Lake Forest, California.